Sunday, October 12, 2008

tying it up! (life is an episode at a time)

here is the ebook link:

http://www.lulu.com/content/4463848

She just stood there looking at her chair and trying to remember the scent of the room. It’s not the same as it was yesterday. When you finally found the answers to your questions things will never be the same again, it will pull you to the center you’ve never known.

“Good morning Jules!” said her boss.

“Morning Walter…”she said still staring at her chair.

“What’s the matter with it? Is it broken?” Walter said.

“Oh! No! It’s just… This is not how I left it yesterday.” said Jules.

“Someone must have moved it then? Well, I better go to my office now got a witness to prep for the hearing. You have a disposition this afternoon right?” Walter said.

“Yeah, someone moved it. This afternoon? Me? Yes, maybe. I’m not sure.” She said.

She woke up this morning and ate regret for breakfast and drove to work with panic in head and now she’s standing besides her 5’3” thinning-haired boss that has something with treats that can be brought in vending machines, and trying to think how she’s going to start her day

Her name is Julianne "Jules" Powell-21yrs. She applied as an intern and trained at Montmayer & Cornwell firm, and also a single mother.

She was happy but terrified it hasn’t sink in yet and the feeling is much confusing than what she’s learned.

She sat down and stared at the pile of paper work trying to figure out the pros and cons of what she did yesterday, she shoved strands of her hair away from her face into the back of her ear and went on with her life…

At lunch she joined her senior in preparing for their case. She can only hear him speak, words after words, sound after sound no amount of power from his voice can take her away from the state she’s in. He stopped and looked at her and he said: “ You know I had a dream last night, want to hear about it” he put down his pen and sat across her trying to catch her eyes, she just looked back at him with an empty eyes then he continued.

“I bought a pair of shoes, diamond-sparkling shoes mind you! In my dream I’ve went trough a all these troubles or obstacles just to buy them, I don’t know why I love it so much, it never matched any of my clothes but still I love them I mean their a good pair. And so I wore them to work and people were laughing and pointing at me, but still I never regret that I bought them, people may not agree with my judgment or taste of shoes but hey I love them! So, Julianne whatever it is that you’re thinking about it can’t be worse than my shoes right?” He smiled and touched her hand.

She just simply said “Well, I hope so…”

One of the few good things about Kyle Montmayer is that he’s sensitive enough to know what’s on your mind also, one of the factor that made him a good lawyer but on the other side he is well known as the “ladies-man”.

Jules and her brother John had an argument once about Kyle, he thinks that he’s sister is attracted to him but she explained that she only love his conviction rate and next to that is his car. They laughed about and ever since her brother never asked anymore questions.

“Kyle I’m so sorry it’s just a lot has happened yesterday and there’s Georgia’s game I’m all messed up. I just need a breather.”

Julianne stood up looked at him turned and walked toward the door when he exclaimed “You finally said it didn’t you?”

Copyright: © 2008 Standard Copyright License

No comments: