Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tying it up! 002: seeking when not looking

Title: Tying it up! 002: seeking when not looking…
ID: 4676287
Category: Entertainment
Description: The second installment of Tying it up!
Copyright Year: © 2008
Language: English
Country: United States
Keywords: drama, comedy, mystery, romance

lulu.com


002. Tying it up episode 2 – seeking when not looking…

“What did I finally said?” she turned and blushed; she can feel her blood running to her head and her insides being twisted.

“I knew it! So? What’s the verdict? Is it a go? A stop? In or out? C’mon! Tell me! We’ve known each other for two years now so how was it?” he said. If only there is a very laudable way to take him off this topic she could have done it the first time he gave his speech about his so-called “dream”.

“First off, what the hell are you talking about? And is this a therapy session?” she said.

“Julianne! Whatever it is that you want me to do for you to get this off your chest I’d do it so that we can win this case… so if you want me to be your shrink…”

Stubbornness and guts us what makes her. She’s not the type who jumps into the wagon of help, she’d rather let it pass than talk about it but this time she’s too tired for that.

“Okay fine! Yes, I finally asked and it didn’t go well. Look, I’m happy that I finally got it out but the thing is I want more, more than what I have right now.” She said.

Kyle with narrowed eyes leaned towards her and puts his hands on her shoulders and said “look around you, what are you looking for? From day one I’ve seen you work hard to get all these, your internship, your research that almost got you arrested once because you tried hanging out with those kids just to get the address of the baker. And also the day you became friends with the mafia because you believed in him that scared the hell out of us. You are a daredevil, so what is it? And also the time when the judge almost locked you away because you came in the middle of the session and you keep shouting “Brooklyn! Brooklyn!” just to give us the unexamined documents that can prove the defendant guilty and lying! So?”

“I want to be a P.I. I know you know that, I can have double role and also it’s for the firm’s best I can work double role you know how much I love investigating but I also want to stand there in court and fight it out. I know it may look like I’m being selfish and I want it all but I just want to do it. And I asked my best friend! I asked Lennie to talk to the old Cornwell! But he said something about having a ‘clean slate’. I don’t know it’s just I don’t know how to accept that something so easy and good is hard and difficult to get all because of a ‘clean slate’.” She was furious but happy knowing that she knows what she wants and she fought for it; this is just the beginning she thought.

Having Bishop Cornwell as your boss can be one of the most fulfilling thing in the world, a great mentor and senior at the age of fifty he is one if the best public defender. Montmayer&Cornwell firm is a private firm that lends a hand to the state or district whenever they need one to represent for them. Lawyers from this firm are well known for their conviction rate and how well they handle things.

“Just think about what he said for a while, I know how ego-crashing it can be but we’re not meant to get it all.” He said.

She sat down and they finished prepping.

That afternoon as what she would always do to think she went to “Pete’s Box” a diner/bar that they always go to. Julianne’s been going here since she was young, to eat, think, and talk to Pete.

Peter Leveonnie or Pete as what they call him is the Italian owner of the place. Now at the age of sixty he awes the people who see him still running the place hands on. His gray hair great tall stance and fatherly smile always made her feel welcome and at home.

“Julianne! Milkshake?” he said. She came it hanged her coat and sat at the stool at bar.

“You look pale and ready to fight. What did you do to Kyle? Did he bully you again? Is he being a pain in the ass? See what happens when you put two stubborn people together?” he said.

At her last year in law school Jules entered the firm as an intern, she was a paralegal and Kyle’s assistant. The free spirited girl who never believed that what you see in paper is true, and has always caused so much trouble that really got into Kyle’s nerves. They would always argue a lot about the conventional ways of handling the case and such but even if there were a lot of intellectual arguments the two admire each other professionally and let’s say there was a time when they admired each other.

“No, Pete it’s not Kyle. Surprisingly though he was nice today, I think he’s up to something.” She said before she takes a sip on her milkshake then she grasped “Oh! Maybe he’s on drugs! Or he’s on this 10 steps program and making amends! But my best guess is that he wants to take me to his mother’s for their monthly dinner because he can’t ask his girls.” They laughed and went on.

“So?” he said. He began with his serious look. “You will never talk about it right? It’s been three months and still I’ve only seen you cry once.” He said.

“You know I asked Bishop if I can train so to that my P.I license and he said I need to clean some slates. Bishop and Walter practically trained me they know my strengths and weaknesses maybe there is something that I’m not seeing.” Jules said. She just sat there looked at her milkshake and sighed. She’s tired and still a lot has to be done and she wants to push the reset button if there is one. Pete walked to the other side of the bar and sat at one of the stools beside Jules and said: “Don’t change the subject you know what I mean. And I think it’s about time to talk about Billy.”


No comments: